I have a special treat tonight. I am going to give you an inside scoop into my most used products from the past month! These are all beauty/health related items that I have been using almost everyday for a while now. I figured they would all make great gifts or stocking stuffers if they are things I love enough to use everyday!
Philip B. Peppermint & Avacado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo. I LOVE this stuff. I don’t know if I’ve ever actually used a clarifying shampoo, or if it’s just that I’ve never used one this good. After using this , my hair feels so soft, clean, and full of volume!! I love the way the peppermint tingles the scalp and has such a refreshing smell!
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil takes off makeup effortlessly, keeps my skin feeling hydrated, and has the neatest warming sensation when you first apply it. It warms up as you put in on your face, and smells like sweet apricots. It’s amazing. I’m hooked.
Pevonia Botanica Ligne Nyphea Dry Oil Body Moisturizer. I am also in LOVE with this dry oil body moisturizer. I have had the driest skin I’ve ever had this season. My body constantly has been seeking moisture. This is an easy spray on body oil that smells absolutely amazing and leaves your skin soft and hydrated!
Pattern Citris Moisturzing Body Wash. This smells so invigorating and fresh and feels so creamy and nice on your skin! Again, with my dry skin, I’ve been seeking the best products for my skin. Pattern body washes contain no parabens, no artificial fragrances, colors or dyes. They leave my skin feeling moisturized instead of dry. Also, these come in some great scents!! I encourage you to check them out.
Scunci Knotted Ponytailers. These are a brand new product for scunci. They keep ponytails in place without creating the dent or crease in your hair. They are definitely my favorite style ponytail holder. They come in fun colors and you can find them right now at CVS. The middle picture here are the knotted ponytail holders.
Eyeko Skinny Liquid liner. This is my GO TO liquid liner right now. I love them!! They are richly pigmented, easy, simple, and have the perfect marker thickness for drawing on your liner whether you want it thick or thin. These are sold at Sephora and I will recommend them to everyone!
Zaggora Hot Pants!!!!!! These are just the BEST! The absolute BEST! I cannot rave enough about how much I love these workout pants. They squeeze you in and make you burn up to 4x the calories. They help reduce cellulite and by making you sweat more. 84 % of women say that they’re skin was smoother after using these for 4 weeks. Need I say more? I would love to get more of the Zaggora gear!
To be continued tomorrow….I will be back with some more of my favorite and most used products!!
(Note: Some products were provided by PR for consideration. I was not paid for this review. All my blogs reflect my honest opinions and ideas. )
Sorry , I have not posted anything for the last 2 weeks. I think that is the longest I’ve gone without writing anything. I’ve been very busy-but besides for being busy, I’ve had CRAZY allergies. Allergies so bad they interfere with my everyday life. The good news for me is I went to the doctor and she said she thinks I need to see an allergist, and a dermatologist since I have such sensitive skin, so that is scheduled for the upcoming weeks. Not a fun thing to have for someone who tests new products all the time. Anyway, I’m back with a new post and something to share.
My news is about water and to encourage and tell you all , DRINK MORE WATER. It’s very basic but I want to share a personal story that may help encourage you to get more water everyday. Since your body is made up of approximately 60 % water, it is so important to drink it for your body to function correctly. It also helps with beauty in that it helps your hair, skin and nails grow , your skin to be clearer and more vibrant and helps shed excess fat build up.
Here’s what I recently went through and how water has helped SIGNIFICANTLY! I have always been a diet coke lover. I used to drink diet coke all the time and therefore wasn’t getting very much water per day. I would drink some water, and I’ve always liked tea so I’d have some of that too but… for the most part I was not getting very much just plain water everyday. Meanwhile- for the past year at least, I was getting HEADACHES all the time. Almost everyday. I started getting really worried and considering seeing the doctor for headaches.
Until, one day I was driving and I heard a nutritionist talking about how much water your body needs per day. She said, “take your body weight, cut it in half and that’s how many oz. of water your supposed to get per day.” So, I calculated in my head and figured out how many 20 oz water bottles I was supposed to drink per day.
Then, when I went in to get massage later that day, my massage therapist told me the exact same words the nutritionist had said. “You’re supposed to half your body weight in oz of water a day, for it to function properly”.
After hearing this twice in one day, that day, I bought a 20 oz water bottle and started refilling it and drinking the amount of water that my body required. I also gave up buying diet coke, and have only had it on occasions now. Almost immediately, I STOPPED GETTING HEADACHES. And, since I’ve started this water kick…I have not had ONE headache.
It’s INCREDIBLE to me that I have not had any headaches after getting them for so long. My body seems way more balanced, feels better and I just feel healthier.
So, the lesson here is… DRINK A LOT MORE WATER. I know you probably hear it all the time ,but I dare you to actually try this challenge and see if it changes any issues that you’re having. Because, it completely solved mine. And, now I’m convinced that your body really does need lots and lots of water for your health and beauty.
It is that time…back to school season. Some people have already started school, others have classes beginning soon. Back to school was always a hard time for me. I didn’t mind school, but it meant the end of a free schedule and back to classes and homework. However, feeling and looking good can help make the transition easier. So, I want to recommend a few products I’ve been using recently that are great anytime of year, but also helpful for back to school time.
Today I want to talk about 3 skin, hair and mouth products I have used and would recommend. Tomorrow, I will talk about some makeup products I love for back to school.
First, check out the Tanda Pearl. A phenomenal teeth whitening system that will get your teeth brighter and whiter in minutes or days. This is perfect for fast results and a bright smile right before you go back to school, if you’re just looking to make a great first impression or just want a brighter smile. It is enamel safe and easy to use. Whiten both the top and bottom teeth using blue light technology in one device. I have used several teeth whitening systems, and this is definitely the fastest, easiest to use, and least sensitivity I’ve had with teeth whitening. The retail price of this system is $195.
The next item is a cool way to remember to wash your face. We all want clearer skin anytime of year and especially if you’re going back to school. It’s the Clearasil® PerfectaWash™. The main feature of this is it’s automatic dispenser which gives you just the perfect amount that you need for your face to prevent overdrying. It is a cool, innovative and pretty way to display your facewash on your bathroom sink. It is dermatologist tested and you can buy refills for the dispenser. The system comes with 2 face washes, Superfruit Splash and Soothing Plant Extracts. I saw this listed at $19.99 in Target. It may or may not be on sale on Amazon.com, it was when I checked!
The last thing I have to share with you is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent blush. I think dry shampoo is a must-have for everyone. Not only can you use it to liven up 2nd day hair, and get rid of oils. But, my favorite use for dry shampoo especially this one in blush is to use it to give my hair more volume. I spray it through my roots, rub it in, and it instantly gives me volume. It also makes my hair smell nice. It’s a great way to make getting ready in the morning quicker! This retails for $7.99 and I found mine at ULTA.
Thank you all for reading! Subscribe to my blog and make sure you look for tomorrows post, Back to School Beauty Part 2.
Check out my Facebook Page, for all of my latest updates, photos, contests and more!
Zaggora Hot Pants are uniquely designed workout pants to help you lose 4 x the amount of weight in a 30 minute workout than just normal workout pants alone. They also increase the body temperature by 18 % leading to an increase in metabolism. “On average, subjects lost 1.13% of body mass in HotPants compared to 0.27% in the control garment.”-Zaggora.com
After I read the statements above, I was immediately sold. I thought, why would anyone want to wear any other pants but these while working out??
But, then I read these other statements:
* they diminish the appearance of cellulite by draining excess water and swollen fat cells.
*these studies have been tested in the physiology laboratories of a leading university in the UK.
* I read countless reviews of people saying how amazing these pants made their legs look and feel!
After all this I KNEW I had to have them. I have mine in a standard black. I wear them around the house doing housework , and when I work out either on the eliptical or walking the dog. I CAN TELL THESE work because (not to be gross or anything) but they make you sweat like crazy. They also make your skin feel softer, smoother and tighter.
They are a very thick material, and I have never worn a wet suit but I’d sorta imagine this to feel somewhat like that. They were a little uncomfortable at first because of how thick they were…but the results and feeling it gives your legs after is COMPLETELY worth it.
I’m totally a believer in these pants!! I LOVE mine! I just wish there was a better place to get them in the U.S. Right now you can find them and order them on the Zaggora Hot Pants website.
Just read the reviews…you’ll be sold too.
If you missed it, I posted my review with Ali Fedotowsky from the previous season of the Bachelorette along with a giveaway for one of you to win $35 gift card to OpenSky.com a personal shopping website. Just go here to find out how to enter!!
How to Get a Red Carpet Glow
By Lee Ann Buttery
Sure, celebrities have an extremely flexible budget where they can splurge on the best foods, most luxurious cosmetic and skin care products on the market, and indulge at the most lavish spas on the globe. So perhaps we can attribute their seemingly flawless faces to their routine facials and high-end cosmetic collection, but as for the rest of us commoners, we too can emulate a celebrity-esque glow even on a humble budget. Continue reading to get tips on how to achieve a red-carpet worthy glow that would even make the Kardashians green with envy.
- Diet- the overall appearance of your skin is largely contingent on what you put in your body. Your face (and body) is bound to reflect health and vitality if you consume a balanced diet rich in good fats, omega-3’s (i.e. salmon, flaxseed), antioxidants, whole grains, protein, fruits and vegetables- especially dark, leafy veggies. Moreover, if you avoid junk food, you’re doing your skin a big favor.
- Sleep- they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing. Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night and do your best to hit the sack before 11 p.m. In sleep mode, your skin renews itself during the hours of 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. a.k.a. “beauty sleep.” So you might have to tape David Letterman episodes henceforth.
- Drink Up- water and green tea that is. You’ve heard it before- aim to gulp down at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help flush toxins and impurities out of your body. Sipping 3-4 cups of green tea a day is also very beneficial for your skin as it’s loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, will help to impart a healthy glow. Drinking too many cocktails can sabotage your skin and of course, your health, so try to limit alcohol consumption to no more than once a week.
- Exercise- as basic and simple as it may sound, breaking up a sweat will help release toxins out of your body and thus help your skin radiate. So get movin’!
- Proper Skin Care Regimen- a good skin care regimen that is customized for your personal skin type is essential in achieving a red carpet glow. You might be thinking duh right now, but too many people use the wrong products for their skin type. If you’re unsure what your skin type is, then check out our website for an online analysis Mario Badescu Skin Care.
- Do a DIY Spa Treatment- If you can’t afford a facial at the spa, then feed your skin with a mask that can be concocted with glow-enhancing ingredients straight from your kitchen. For instance, apply honey on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. Great for any skin type, honey will cleanse your pores and help tighten your pores. If you have dry skin, apply mayonnaise on your face (avoiding the eye area) and leave on for 20-30 minutes. This will help tighten your pores and moisturize your skin.
- Makeup- with makeup application, the key is ‘less is more’ for a dewy glow. On a clean face, apply a lightweight moisturizer followed by a primer before you apply makeup. Choose foundation that is suitable for your skin type. If you have normal to oily skin, opt for a liquid or powder foundation. If you have normal to dry skin, choose a liquid or cream foundation. You can even mix in a drop or two of moisturizer in your foundation for a dewy look- but this tip is best for dry skin types. To avoid looking cakey, go very light on the loose powder to set your foundation. For a gorgeous glow, blush is a must. If you have normal to oily skin, use a powder blush, and if you have normal to dry skin, opt for a cream blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks and blend toward the temples.
Lee Ann Buttery is a Licensed Esthetician and Professional Makeup Artist based in the Princeton, New Jersey area. She also works for Mario Badescu Skin Care. A couple of her favorite Mario Badescu products are the Vitamin C Serum and the Seaweed Cleansing Soap. One of her passions in the skin care industry is acne treatment. She is a busy mom of a baby son and is an unashamed Britney Spears fan.
photo from : skbeautyexpert.wordpress.com
Tomorrow is February 1st and Valentines Day is soon approaching. Whether or not you are spending Valentines Day with someone you love and want to be close to use these tips for
whiter teeth and fresh breath! These tips are provided by celebrity cosmetic dentist Dr. Marc Lowenberg, who is a partner at the New York based practice Lowenberg, Lituchy & Kantor.
For Whiter Teeth:
- Mix Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide and brush teeth with it to remove surface stains. Crest Whitestrips are also a good at home option for whitening teeth in a pinch.
- Chew raw, crunchy vegetables to help mechanically remove surface stains.
- Wear lip shades with blue undertones. It contracts the whiteness of the teeth and makes teeth appear brighter.
- Coat your teeth with a very thin layer of Vaseline to protect prior to consuming red wine and teeth staining foods.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove plaque from the tongue.
- Rinse twice daily with an ADA-recommended antiseptic mouth rinse.
- Eat parsley on a regular basis to combat bad breath that may be the result of digestion.
- Order a cocktail with vodka. It kills the bacteria in the mouth that causes bad breath. Hold off on a sugary mixture because it will bind to the teeth and trigger the odor-causing bacteria.